Born: August 16, 1973
Hometown: San Dimas, CA
Currently Resides: Avon, IN with his wife (Kelly) and daughter (Melaynee)
Eric began his racing career with Gary Densham Racing in 1998 after graduating from Universal Technical Institute (Rancho Cucamonga, CA). He worked with Densham Racing until 2001 when Densham began racing under the John Force Racing organization. Lane then had the opportunity to work and learn from crew chief Jimmy Prock. During this time the team had 8 wins, 6 number one qualifiers, and they doubled up in Indy by winning the race and obtaining a Budweiser Shoot Out victory.
- 2005: Robert Hight began driving the Auto Club Funny Car with Lane as his car chief.
- 2009: Lane became Jimmy Prock’s Assistant Crew Chief and won his first NHRA World Championship with Hight and the AAA Funny Car. During his time with the AAA Car (until 2013), Lane and the team won a total of 27 races and a total of 30 number one qualifiers.
- 2013: Lane joined the Monster Energy Top Fuel dragster (Driver: Brittney Force) as the Assistant Crew Chief with Dean “Guido” Antonelli for Force’s rookie year. Lane helped guide Force to earn the title of Rookie of The Year.
- 2014: Lane joined Team Don Schumacher Racing with the Napa Funny Car Team (Driver: Ron Capps). He began working side by side with Rahn Tobler as his Assistant Crew Chief.
- 2016: Lane assisted Capps to his first NHRA World Championship.
- 2017: Lane assisted the Napa Team to 8 wins and 12 finals. During the four seasons with the Napa Team Lane won a total of 17 races and earned 6 number one qualifiers.