Bob Tasca III
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Ford Shelby Mustang
Nitro Funny Car class
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series
22ndAnnual FRAM-Autolite NHRA Nationals
Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California
July 24-26, 2009
Race 15 of 24
TASCA AND THE MOTORCRAFT/QUICK LANE RACING HOPE TO TOAST WITH WALLY IN WINE COUNTRY
Set among the rolling hills of vineyards, once a year the delightful aroma of the vineyards is replaced with the powerful and intoxicating nitro methane. It must be time for NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing in Sonoma.
A connoisseur of all things Ford, Motorcraft, Quick Lane and racing, Bob Tasca III and the team seek to uncork their special vintage this week in the final race of the West Coast Swing.
With two round wins on this three-race run, Tasca looks for to capture four more round wins in Somona.
“Our goal for the West Coast Swing was to improve on our performance from last year and we’ve done that,” said Tasca. “Our mission is to get at least one trophy out of this West Coast Swing.”
The weather in Sonoma will be key to Tasca’s success. Crew chief Chris Cunningham and Tasca know a few things about racing in the heat, both on the race track and in the points.
“You typically get great conditions to perform in at Sonoma if you know how to manage the track,” said Tasca. “We’ll see some of the hottest track conditions of the year this weekend. Our Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang runs pretty incredible in the heat and we have a great shot for a win this weekend.”
Confidence plays a key role in the success of Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Mustang team. With four races remaining before the Countdown to 1, Tasca knows this is the critical segment of the season.
“We’re a team that believes that we can win. We’ve won, been to multiple semi-finals and finals,” said Tasca. “We know we have the equipment and the tools to get the job done. We believe if we get up to the plate enough times, we’re going to get our next win. This Motorcraft/Quick Lane team believes that we can compete for this championship.”
But at the end of the day, Tasca likes his wine just like his Motorcraft/Quick Lane Mustang – smooth, powerful and red.
Second Annual Funny Car Design Contest
Now through August 14, the public is invited to visit www.jdrf.org/ford, view more than 300 paint scheme designs and vote for their favorite children’s design by making a monetary donation to JDRF, all as part of Ford Customer Service Division’s second annual Funny Car Design Contest.
The top five donation-earning designs will go in front of a panel of judges and narrowed down to one. The winning design will be featured on Motorcraft/Quick Lane sponsored Mustang Shelby driven by Bob Tasca III during the NHRA Carolinas Nationals in Concord, NC, on Sept. 18-20.
Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes
Enter to win a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories in the Ford Customer Service Division ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ Enter online until November 23, 2009, at www.motorcraft.com, www.quicklane.com, www.racefanoffers.comand www.bobtasca.com. The Race Hot Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Full Throttle Points Standings – Funny Car
1 Ron Capps, 1039; 2. Ashley Force Hood, 1018; 3. Tony Pedregon, 1009; 4. Jack Beckman, 855; 5. Tim Wilkerson, 804; 6. Del Worsham, 791; 7. Bob Tasca III, 787; 8. John Force, 739; 9. Mike Neff, 683; 10. Matt Hagan, 669.
Sonoma Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 15th during last year’s event at Sonoma and lost in the first round to Tony Pedregon.
– Tasca is currently seventh in points heading into the 15th race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First back-to-back semi-final appearances this season (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.comto find the Quick Lanes in the greater Sonoma area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Saturday, July 25: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying coverage at 6 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, July 26: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, July 26: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 9 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Saturday, July 25, 12:30 – 1 a.m. (ET), Galaxy 18 / Transponder 23K (12160 MHz, vertical)
Saturday, July 25, 8:30 – 9 p.m. (ET), Galaxy 18 / Transponder 23K (12160 MHz, vertical)
Sunday, July 26, 9 – 9:30 p.m. (ET), Galaxy 18 / Transponder 23K (12160 MHz, vertical)
Video news release contains race action highlights each day and winners’ interviews on Sunday.
Motorcraft®offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of over 500 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With more than 213,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s wholly owned brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com
# # # #
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center
313.203.7162 | 313.434.6912