DEARBORN, MI – October 27, 2009 – A return trip to Las Vegas could only mean the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series is approaching the end of the season.
But with two races still remaining, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team seek to build on its momentum from earlier in the season, perhaps with an assist from “Lady Luck.”
“I’m calling Las Vegas my ‘Game 7’,” said Tasca. “In order for our championship hopes to stay alive, we need to win or go to the final rounds at these next two races. It’s as simple as that. As far as my team is concerned, our focus has always been that you go into every race hoping to leave with the trophy. Vegas is one of the biggest races of the year and we’re going in with our championship hopes still alive.”
Not only is the points race close, but the overall level of competition will be closer since Las Vegas will have one of the largest Funny Car classes of the season, with 20 drivers entered. Tasca looks to log solid times during the qualifying sessions and secure a spot in the top-half of the ladder. In 23 races this season, Tasca has qualified in the top half of the field in 16 races.
“Since we’ll see one of the largest fields of Funny Cars of all season in Vegas, solid runs on Friday and Saturday are key to a successful weekend,” said Tasca. “If you make a mistake in qualifying, you just might miss the show and you’ll be sitting on the sidelines. We’re looking to maintain focus this weekend and run strong.”
In addition to the excitement on the race track, Tasca is looking forward to Ford being the Official Vehicle of NHRA. This weekend in Las Vegas marks the first official weekend of Ford’s new involvement with NHRA.
“I’m thrilled that Ford is the Official Vehicle of NHRA,” said Tasca. “To be in a competitive class like Funny Car, and have six Ford Mustangs that are capable of winning the championship, and now to compete in a series Ford supports, it really puts all the Ford teams, in a position to win,” said Tasca. “I’ve said it time and time again, I’m an all-Ford kid, in an-all Ford car, and now I can say I’m in an all-Ford series. It’s great to be a part of a company like Ford with brands like Motorcraft and Quick Lane. They’ve put me in the position to win, and now to be the series official sponsor, it puts all of us in a position to compete in one of the greatest racing platforms in the world.”
The New Ford Drive One Display
The new Ford Drive One interactive consumer display expands its footprint in NHRA Nitro Alley. Fans can take green screen photos with their favorite Ford NHRA driver, participate in the Dueling Dynos and experience the hands-free SYNC system. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge and Quick Lane Challenge. Fans visiting the display have the opportunity to enter the ‘Race Hot to a Mustang’ sweepstakes. The winner of the sweepstakes will receive a 2010 Ford Mustang equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Part package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories.
Ford Drive One Display Hours of Operation
Friday, October 30: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday, October 31: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 1: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Countdown to 1 Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Robert Hight, 2,362; 2. Ashley Force Hood, 2,349; 3. Tony Pedregon, 2,314, 4. Ron Capps, 2,299; 5. Tim Wilkerson, 2,280; 6. Jack Beckman, 2,276; 7. Bob Tasca III, 2,259; 8. Del Worsham, 2227; 9. John Force, 2,216; 10. Mike Neff, 2,203.
Las Vegas Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 12th during last year’s event at Las Vegas and lost in the first round to Tony Pedregon.
– Tasca qualified ninth during the spring event at Las Vegas and lost in the first round to Cruz Pedregon.
– Tasca is currently seventh in points heading into the 24th race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. Tasca is 103 points out of first place.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– Second win, August 23, 2009, Toyo Tires Nationals, Reading, PA
– First back-to-back semi-final appearances this season (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
– Tasca has an average qualifying position of seventh during the 2009 season
– Tasca has at least one round win in 14 of the 18 races this season
– Tasca clinched a spot in NHRA’s Countdown to 1 after a first round win in Reading.
– Tasca will compete for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Series championship after clinching the sixth spot in the NHRA Countdown to 1.
– Tasca is one of six Ford Mustangs that will compete for the championship in 2009.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– There are 530 Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers in the United States. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Las Vegas area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Saturday, Oct. 31: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 11:00 p.m. (ET)
Sunday, Nov 1: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 2:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 1: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 7:30 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, Oct. 30, 9:30 – 10 p.m. (ET), AMC 16 / Transponder 14K
Saturday, Oct. 31, 9:30 – 10 p.m. (ET), AMC 16 / Transponder 14K
Sunday, Nov. 1, 11- 11:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 16 / Transponder 14K
Downlink Frequency: AMC 16 / Transponder 14K (11980 MHz, Horizontal)
This is an ANALOG feed
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of 530 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center
313.203.7162 | 313.434.6912