DEARBORN, MI – November 10, 2009 – Heading into the final race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing season, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team seek to end their season on a high note and capture their third career win.
“Heading into Pomona, it’s where it all starts and it’s where it all ends,” said Tasca. “I told my guys that to make this season just perfect I only want one more win.”
In both February Pomona races, Tasca has advanced to the second round. Last season in November, Tasca was eliminated in round one, so Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team are looking to going several rounds at the historic track.
“From the historical value of it, Pomona is clearly one of the tracks that you look forward to going to,” said Tasca. “It certainly isn’t the longest race track on the circuit, so stopping becomes even more important. Pomona is nostalgic; it’s where it all started with Wally Parks. Winning and ending the season on a win is all we’re focused on this weekend. We have a little unfinished business in Pomona and we look forward to closing the season out with a win.”
After Las Vegas, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team’s chances of the 2009 championship ended with a first round loss. Despite not competing for the championship in the final race, Tasca is proud of the team’s accomplishments this season.
“Our championship hopes may have expired, but I’m thrilled with what we’ve accomplished in our second year,” said Tasca. “I’m so proud of all the hard work that Chris Cunningham, Marc Denner and the guys have done with this Shelby Mustang to put our team in a position to win.”
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience
The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns to NHRA Nitro Alley in Pomona. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge and Quick Lane Challenge. Fans visiting the display have the opportunity to enter the ‘Race Hot to a Mustang’ sweepstakes. The winner of the sweepstakes will receive a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Thursday, November 12: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Friday, November 13: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 26: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 27: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Countdown to 1 Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Robert Hight, 2,485; 2. Ashley Force Hood, 2,380; 3. Tony Pedregon, 2,372; 4. Jack Beckman, 2,371; 5. Ron Capps, 2,358; 6. Tim Wilkerson, 2,353; 7. Del Worsham, 2,299; 8. Bob Tasca III, 2,294; 9. John Force, 2,268; 10. Mike Neff, 2,235.
Pomona Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 11th during last year’s event at Pomona and lost in the first round to Ron Capps.
– Tasca qualified fifth during the spring event at Pomona and lost in the second round to Ron Capps.
– Tasca is currently eighth in points heading into the final race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– Second win, August 23, 2009, Toyo Tires Nationals, Reading, PA
– First back-to-back semi-final appearances this season (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
– Tasca has an average qualifying position of seventh during the 2009 season
– Tasca has at least one round win in 14 of the 18 races this season
– Tasca clinched a spot in NHRA’s Countdown to 1 after a first round win in Reading.
– Tasca will compete for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Series championship after clinching the sixth spot in the NHRA Countdown to 1.
– Tasca is one of six Ford Mustangs that will compete for the championship in 2009.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Pomona area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Saturday, Nov. 14, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying coverage at 10:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 15, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 15, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of 530 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #