DEARBORN, MI – July 7, 2010 – After the four-race stretch in June and the holiday break, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team head to Seattle and the start of the three race West Coast Swing look to reclaim the dominance their Ford Mustang demonstrated this season in Funny Car. During the 2010 season, a Ford Funny Car has celebrated in the winner’s circle 10 times; Tasca contributed to that streak with his Englishtown win.
As one of the five Ford teams in NHRA, Tasca sees the West Coast Swing as the pivotal point in the regular season. Currently sixth place in series points, Tasca looks to prove his staying power and lock his team in the Countdown to 1 with a strong West Coast Swing.
“We are in a good points position right now, but a really great race here on the West Coast Swing locks us into the Top 10, and that is a big advantage,” said Tasca. “When you go into the West Coast, you don’t need the pressure of trying to get into the Top 10, because anything can happen out there. By Sonoma, the playoff picture is going to be pretty crystallized. There will be a few players that are still fighting for it and then Indy and the start of the Countdown to 1 are right around the corner.”
Tasca and the team bring the power and performance of the Ford BOSS 500 engine to improve their stats in Seattle. With their 1-2 record in Seattle, Tasca looks to turn that around with a solid performance this weekend.
“On my first foray to the West Coast Swing, I didn’t win a round,” said Tasca. “I really want to do well out West. I’m an East Coast guy and all of my wins have been on the East Coast with Englishtown, Gainesville and Norwalk. I feel the key to success in Seattle, and it’s the same no matter where we go, is to get out of the box fast. We want to have a good run early Friday to set up for Friday night. Then you want to run well on Saturday to get your baseline for Sunday. We’ll take it one race at a time, but I’m really shooting to take home a trophy or two from the West Coast.”
Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes
Enter to win an all-new 2011 Ford Mustang GT equipped with Ford Racing Performance Parts and Ford Custom Accessories as part of Ford Customer Service Division’s “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes. Bold and powerful, the all-new 5.0-liter V-8 Mustang uses advanced technology to deliver 412 horsepower, 390 ft-lb. of torque and class-leading highway mileage of 25 mpg. Enter online until November 23, 2010, at www.racefanoffers.com, www.quicklane.com, and www.fordparts.com. The “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Points
1. John Force, 1024; 2. Robert Hight, 951; 3. Matt Hagan, 849; 4. Jack Beckman, 835; 5. Ashley Force Hood, 813; 6. Bob Tasca III, 792; 7. Tim Wilkerson, 777; 8. Ron Capps, 751; 9. Del Worsham, 741; 10. Tony Pedregon, 637.
Seattle Race Notes
-During last year’s Seattle race, Tasca qualified fourth and lost to John Force in the second round.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – 2010
– Defeated Del Worsham to win 41st Annual NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ.
– Nine top-eight qualifiers (Pomona – 4th, Gainesville – 7th, Las Vegas – 8th, St. Louis – 7th, Atlanta – 4th, Joliet – 4th, Englishtown – 7th, Bristol – 7th and Norwalk – 7th)
– Three semi-final appearances (Pomona, St. Louis and Atlanta)
– One runner-up finish (Gainesville)
– 2010 round record: 17 wins and 12 losses
– Tasca is sixth in series points, 232 points behind the leader
– Tasca and the FordParts.com team won the Full Throttle Hard-Working Crew Award in Englishtown
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – Career
– First round win: Defeated Melanie Troxel, Feb. 10, 2008 (NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA)
– First semi-final appearance: April 27, 2008 (NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA)
– First No. 1 qualifier: March 14, 2009 (Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL)
– Three career wins: Two in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA. One in 2010 – NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ.
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
– Career round record: 51 wins and 56 losses
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Seattle area.
Saturday, July 10, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 10 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, July 11, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, July 11, ESPN3.com will televise final eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, July 11, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise final eliminations at 11:30 p.m. (ET).
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of replacement parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available nationwide at Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers, independent distributors, and automotive parts retailers and are backed by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
FordParts.com allows customers to shop online, order and receive original equipment parts, connecting to a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership of their choice for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase at a parts counter. FordParts.com is designed to support anyone who needs to find and buy original equipment Ford parts. Repair shops, body shops, fleets and do-it-yourselfers will appreciate the speed and convenience of researching and purchasing Ford parts via this online portal, and the flexibility of choosing in-store pick-up or having the parts delivered. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 176,000 employees and about 80 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and, until its sale, Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #