They say home is where the heart is. For Bob Tasca III, this weekend’s NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, New Jersey is the closest to where he resides and operates his Ford dealerships. A native of nearby Rhode Island, Tasca considers Old Bridge Township Raceway Park his home track.
Hometown memories. In 2007, Tasca won his first National Event in the Top Alcohol Funny Car Series in Englishtown. This weekend, Tasca hopes to add to those memories by bringing home his second Funny Car win this season.
“The history at Englishtown is almost unparalleled,” said Tasca. “It’s a track that my grandfather performed very well at and had countless match races over the years. There are magic moments in everyone’s life and for me, one of the greatest magic moments was Englishtown when I won that first national event in my alcohol funny car and my entire family was there.”
Home Track Advantage. Englishtown is an unpredictable track. Tasca hopes the hot weather holds in the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang team’s favor this weekend at the NHRA SuperNationals.
“Englishtown is a pretty tricky track,” said Tasca. “The key of racing in Englishtown, I don’t think is any different than racing at any other track. You have to go in with a race car that is predictable, and we have a Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang that is very predictable, it is better on a hot track than a cool track. The key to winning Englishtown is us. We hold the key and how we manage the race will ultimately lead to how well we do.”
Bring Home Your Own Mustang. Fans will get the chance again this weekend to visit The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display available at NHRA Nitro Alley. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge and Quick Lane Challenge. Fans visiting the display have the opportunity to enter the FCSD ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ The winner of the sweepstakes will receive a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Friday, June 12 – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 13 – 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 14 – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Full Throttle Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Ron Capps, 760; 2. Tony Pedregon, 702; 3. Ashley Force Hood, 700; 4.Del Worsham, 641; 5. Jack Beckman, 584; 6. Tim Wilkerson, 553; 7t. Bob Tasca III and Matt Hagan, 513; 9. John Force, 507; 10. Cruz Pedregon, 494.
Englishtown Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 8th during last year’s event at Englishtown and lost in the first round to Tim Wilkerson.
– Tasca is currently tied for seventh in points heading into the 11th race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
– Tasca won his first Top Alcohol Funny Car race in Englishtown on June 14, 2007.
– Tasca was Top Alcohol Funny Car runner-up in Englishtown on June 18, 2006.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.com to find any of the 32 Quick Lanes in the greater Englishtown area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://tinyurl.com/MotorcraftQuickLaneRacing
Saturday, June 13 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise one hour of qualifying highlights at 7 p.m. (ET).
Saturday, June 13 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise one hour of qualifying highlights at 11:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 14 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 12 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 14 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 10 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, June 12: 10 – 10:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sat., June 13: 6:30 – 7 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sun., June 14, 6:30 – 7 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 11K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Video news release contains race action highlights each day and winners’ interviews on Sunday.
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of over 500 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With more than 213,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s wholly owned brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com
# # # #
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center
313.203.7162 | 313.434.6912