DEARBORN, MI – June 8, 2010 – This weekend, Bob Tasca III’s Ford Shelby Mustang Nitro Funny Car will shed its familiar red-and-white Motorcraft/Quick Lane paint scheme for Ford blue in conjunction with the public launch of the new FordParts.com website.
Not only will FordParts.com make its debut as a sponsor, but it will also be the first time Motorcraft/Quick Lane hasn’t appeared on Tasca’s Ford Shelby Mustang Nitro Funny Car in the three years he has been in the NHRA Funny Car Class. Tasca’s counterparts in NASCAR, Wood Brothers Racing and Bill Elliott, are also running the FordParts.com paint scheme on their No. 21 Ford Fusion at the Michigan NASCAR event this weekend.
“This will be the first time that I’ve had a race car that doesn’t have Motorcraft/Quick Lane on the side of it,” said Tasca. “I’m excited about running the FordParts.com Shelby Mustang this weekend. I’ve always wanted to drive a white and blue car because it is one of my favorite combinations. Hopefully we can do it justice and put it in the winner’s circle.”
FordParts.com allows repair shops, body shops, fleets, and do-it-yourselfers to shop online, order and receive Genuine Ford and Motorcraft parts through one site for Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicles. Once a part is ordered, consumers have the flexibility of choosing in-store pick-up or having the parts delivered to their home or shop.
“FordParts.com was designed for people to buy parts from the convenience of their home,” said Tasca. “Customers can now shop for Motorcraft parts in their pajamas. It’s a pretty cool initiative. The website is the place it’s going to be for the future. It’s a new way of doing business.”
Old Bridge Township Raceway Park holds a lot of history for Tasca and his family. Once the site where his grandfather would race and the place where he earned his first national event win, the track in Englishtown, New Jersey, holds a special significance for Tasca.
“Englishtown is my home track,” said Tasca. “I’m not superstitious, but I can’t dispute much about Englishtown. It’s the site of my first national event win and a place that has a lot of history, both for the sport of drag racing and my family. My grandfather raced there. It’s the first track that I ever went to and I can still remember sitting in the stands watching Bob Glidden and John Force make runs. Although I’ve had a short career so far in racing, it still holds a lot of significance. I grew up there; it’s in my backyard. There will be a lot of family and friends there and to debut the FordParts.com car it makes it really significant.”
Motorcraft Racing Experience
The Motorcraft Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns to Nitro Alley in Englishtown. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge, where two participants will undergo the entire Funny Car experience as they heat up their tires, line up their car, follow the Christmas Tree and steer their virtual Mustangs down the track in a quest to win Motorcraft prizes.
Motorcraft Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Friday, June 11: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 12: 10:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday, June 13: 9:00 a.m. – 3 p.m.
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Points
1. Robert Hight, 780; 2. John Force, 759; 3. Ashley Force Hood, 671; 4. Jack Beckman, 652; 5. Matt Hagan, 651; 6. Ron Capps, 627; 7. Bob Tasca III, 563; 8. Tim Wilkerson, 531; 9. Tony Pedregon, 522; 10. Del Worsham, 499.
Englishtown Race Notes
-During last year’s Englishtown race, Tasca qualified fifth and lost to Ashley Force Hood in the semi-finals.
-Tasca is currently seventh in the point standings heading into the 11th race of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – 2010
– Six top-eight qualifiers (Pomona – 4th, Gainesville – 7th, Las Vegas – 8th, St. Louis – 7th, Atlanta – 4th, and Joliet – 4th)
– Three semi-final appearances (Pomona, St. Louis and Atlanta)
– One runner-up finish (Gainesville)
– 2010 round record: 10 wins and 9 losses
– Tasca is seventh in series points, 217 points behind the leader
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – Career
– First round win: Defeated Melanie Troxel, Feb. 10, 2008 (NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA)
– First semi-final appearance: April 27, 2008 (NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA)
– First No. 1 qualifier: March 14, 2009 (Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL)
– Career wins: Two in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
– Career round record: 45 wins and 54 losses
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Englishtown area.
Saturday, June 12, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 11 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 13, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 3:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 13, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise final eliminations at 4 p.m. (ET).
FordParts.com allows customers to shop online, order and receive original equipment parts, connecting to a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership of their choice for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase at a parts counter. FordParts.com is designed to support anyone who needs to find and buy original equipment Ford parts. Repair shops, body shops, fleets and do-it-yourselfers will all appreciate the speed and convenience of researching and purchasing Ford parts via this online portal, and the flexibility of choosing in-store pick-up or having the parts delivered. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of replacement parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available nationwide at Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers, independent distributors, and automotive parts retailers and are backed by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 176,000 employees and about 80 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and, until its sale, Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #