O’Reilly NHRA Summer Nationals
Heartland Park Topeka in Topeka, Kansas
May 29-31, 2009
TASCA HOPES FOR A HOT TRACK AT O’REILLY NHRA SUMMER NATIONALS
Heartland Park Topeka is traditionally a hot track. Last year’s weather proved to be an obstacle for most drivers, but not for Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang team.
Last year in Topeka, Tasca was the No. 2 qualifier – his best qualifying position of the 2008 season. He was the most consistent race car down the track, resulting in his team earning the Full Throttle Pit Crew award for the weekend. This year, Tasca hopes a more consistent car and a hot Topeka track will lead to a win at NHRA Summer Nationals.
“I’m looking forward to getting back to Topeka just because it was one of those tracks where we performed well,” said Tasca. “We went into the quarterfinals, so we’re hopeful for a good run this year. Our Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang always performs better in the heat. This year we have a very consistent hot rod and in warmer conditions, we’re just lethal. Topeka plays to that regardless of what we did last year because it’s traditionally a hot race track.”
Tasca has been looking forward to racing back-to-back races all season. Topeka marks the first of three races in three weeks for the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca is currently eighth in points but is hoping to gain some ground in the point standings as the weather gets warmer and the countdown gets closer.
“The next three races are critical races for the top-10 run. I really feel it will separate the top five from the pack and then there are five more spots to go. It’s not just being in the top 10, it’s about solidly being in the top 10, and we’ve been very fortunate this far this season to be in that position. The next three races are going to be pivotal for the top five.”
Full Throttle Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Ron Capps, 616; 2. Del Worsham, 559; 3. Tony Pedregon, 528; 4.Ashley Force Hood, 505; 5. Jack Beckman, 479; 6. Matt Hagan, 448; 7. Tim Wilkerson, 426; 8. Bob Tasca III, 408; 9. John Force, 396; 10. Cruz Pedregon, 386.
Topeka Race Notes
– Tasca qualified second during last year’s event at Topeka and lost in the second round to Gary Scelzi.
– Tasca is currently eighth in points heading into the ninth race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing. Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.com to find any of the 20 Quick Lanes in the greater Topeka, KS area.
– Head to your local Quick Lane for great money saving rebates on brakes, batteries, vehicle maintenance and up to $60 cash back on name-brand tires.
On the Web
– Follow Motorcraft and Quick Lane on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
– Become a Facebook Fan of Motorcraft and Quick Lane Racing at http://tinyurl.com/MotorcraftQuickLaneRacing
– To view the latest photos, visit the Motorcraft/Quick Lane on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing/
Saturday, May 30 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 8 p.m. (ET).
Sunday May 31 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, May 31 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 4 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, May 29 – 10:30 – 11 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Saturday, May 30 – 8 – 8:30p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sunday, May 31 – 7:30 – 8 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Video news release contains race action highlights each day and winners’ interviews on Sunday.
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of over 500 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With more than 213,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s wholly owned brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com