Bob Tasca III
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Ford Shelby Mustang
Nitro Funny Car class
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series
Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals
Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colorado
July 10-12, 2009
Race 13 of 24
TASCA AND THE MOTORCRAFT/QUICK LANE RACING TEAM SET MILE-HIGH GOALS FOR DENVER AND THE WEST COAST SWING
As the second half of the regular season swings into high gear, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team study a history lesson from just one year ago. Focused and determined, the driver and crew of the red and black 300-mile per hour machine look to reclaim what was missing from their last appearance in the Mile High City.
“We want to pick up where we left off because we qualified sixth and raced the wrong guy in Denver,” said Tasca. “We would have beaten a lot of the other drivers and unfortunately, we raced Ron Capps and left earlier than we expected.”
Determined not to repeat the result of last year’s race in Denver, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team circled the Denver race date and eagerly awaited their second meeting with the western swing cities.
“The Motorcraft/Quick Lane team and I have put a stake in the ground for this West Coast Swing. We’re going to make it a point to do great this year,” said Tasca. “We’re going into this key stretch of races knowing that we need to perform well to put ourselves in a strong position for the Countdown to 1.”
Having spent the entire 2009 season among the series points leaders, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team have taken the proverbial step forward in their second season in the NHRA’s Drag Racing Full Throttle Funny Car Series.
“The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang and the driver of that hot rod are both light years ahead of where we were last year,” said a confident Tasca. “Our success has to a lot to do with the alliance with Wilkerson and having a couple hundred runs in the Fuel Funny Car. Those are all things that are playing to our advantage. We’re a dangerous team. There are not too many guys out there that look forward to racing that Motorcraft/Quick Lane Mustang right now.”
2nd Annual Funny Car Design Contest
Now through August 14, the public is invited to visit www.jdrf.org/ford, view more than 200 paint scheme designs and vote for their favorite children’s design by making a monetary donation to JDRF, all as part of Ford Customer Service Division’s second annual Funny Car Design Contest.
Now through August 14, the public is invited to visit www.jdrf.org/ford, view more than 200 paint scheme designs and vote for their favorite children’s designs by making a monetary donation to JDRF, all as part f Ford Customer Service Division’s second annual Funny Car Design Contest.
Quick Lane Racing Experience Takes on Denver:
Fans can visit The Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display available at NHRA Nitro Alley. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Quick Lane Challenge. Fans visiting the display have the opportunity to enter the FCSD ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ The winner of the sweepstakes will receive a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories.
Friday, July 10 – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 11 – 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 12 – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Full Throttle Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Ashley Force Hood, 872; 2. Tony Pedregon, 854; 3. Ron Capps, 847; 4. Jack Beckman, 729; 5. Del Worsham, 727; 6. Bob Tasca III, 680; 7. Tim Wilkerson, 657; 8. John Force, 631; 9. Mike Neff, 595; 10t. Matt Hagan and Cruz Pedregon, 577.
Denver Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 6th during last year’s event at Denver and lost in the first round to Ron Capps.
– Tasca is currently sixth in points heading into the 13th race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– In the last two races, Tasca has back-to-back semi-final appearances (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
– Tasca has qualified eighth or better in the first 12 races during the 2009 season
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the Quick Lanes in the greater Denver area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://tinyurl.com/MotorcraftQuickLaneRacing
Saturday, July 11 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 10 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, July 12 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, July 12 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, July 10: 10 – 10:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sat., July 11: 8:30 – 9 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sun., July 12, 12:30 – 1 a.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sun., July 12, 10:30 – 11 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Video news release contains race action highlights each day and winners’ interviews on Sunday.
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of over 500 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With more than 213,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s wholly owned brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com
# # # #
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center
313.203.7162 | 313.434.6912