Bob Tasca III
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Ford Shelby Mustang
Nitro Funny Car class
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series
55th Annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals
O’Reilly Raceway Park
September 2-7, 2009
Race 18 of 24
Tasca and the Motorcraft/ Quick Lane Racing Team Head to the Home of Racing with Momentum in Tow
DEARBORN, MI – September 1, 2009 – Historic and prestigious are two words that describe the 55th Annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals at O’Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis. Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team head to the home of American racing looking to make some history of their own.
“You want to win Indianapolis because it is the signature race of the year,” said Tasca. “There are a lot of big races, certainly Gainesville is one of them, but Indy is special and historic. There are always huge crowds, and it’s a four-day event. It’s a special place for every driver.”
Coming off of his Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals win in Reading, a confident Tasca looks to Indy to continue gaining momentum before heading into the Countdown to 1 “playoffs.”
“This is about sending a message that we’re the real deal, we’ve won races, and now we’re continuing that momentum into Charlotte,” said Tasca. “At the end of the day, that’s where the Countdown to 1 begins.”
Currently in fourth place, locked into the Countdown and with two national event wins under his belt, Tasca has made a lot of progress in just a short time in his Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang Funny Car.
“It’s an exciting time for our program, and I’m just so happy to be able to be in the position we’re in,” said Tasca. “This is the second year of the program that we started from scratch. We’ve certainly made some significant progress in our second year and we’re very proud of that.”
The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns to NHRA Nitro Alley in Indianapolis. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge and Quick Lane Challenge. Fans visiting the display have the opportunity to enter the ‘Race Hot to a Mustang’ sweepstakes. The winner of the sweepstakes will receive a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Friday, September 4: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 5: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 6: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday, September 7: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes
Enter to win a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories in the Ford Customer Service Division ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ Enter online until November 23, 2009, at www.motorcraft.com, www.quicklane.com, www.racefanoffers.com and www.bobtasca.com. The Race Hot Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Full Throttle Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Tony Pedregon, 1,292; 2. Ron Capps, 1,219; 3. Ashley Force Hood, 1,128; 4. Bob Tasca III, 1,008; 5. Jack Beckman, 996; 6. Tim Wilkerson, 982; 7. Del Worsham, 929; 8. John Force, 919; 9. Mike Neff, 872; 10. Cruz Pedregon, 801.
Indianapolis Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 15th during last year’s event at Indianapolis and lost in the first round to Cruz Pedregon.
– Tasca is currently fourth in points heading into the 18th race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First back-to-back semi-final appearances this season (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
– Tasca has an average qualifying position of seventh during the 2009 season
– Tasca has at least one round win in 13 of the 17 races this season
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the 16 Quick Lanes in the Indianapolis area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Sunday, September 6: ESPN2 HD will televise NHRA Race Day, a 30-minute magazine show at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, September 6: ESPN2 HD will televise two hours and 30 minutes of qualifying coverage at 11:30 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, September 6: ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying coverage at 5 p.m. (ET)
Monday, September 7: ESPN2 HD will televise a special one hour NHRA Race Day at noon (ET).
Monday, September 7: ESPN2 HD will televise five hours of eliminations coverage at 1 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, Sept. 4, 9:30 – 10 p.m. (ET) – AMC 15 / Transponder 6K (11820 MHz, horizontal)
Saturday, Sept. 5, 10 – 10:30 p.m. (ET) – AMC 15 / Transponder 6K (11820 MHz, horizontal)
Sunday, Sept. 6, 7:30 – 8 p.m. (ET) – AMC 15 / Transponder 6K (11820 MHz, horizontal)
Monday, Sept. 7, 6:30 – 7 p.m. (ET) – AMC 15 / Transponder 6K (11820 MHz, horizontal)
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of 530 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #