Bob Tasca III
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Ford Shelby Mustang
Nitro Funny Car class
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series
13th Annual O’Reilly NHRA Midwest Nationals
Gateway International Raceway in Madison, Illinois
May 1-3, 2009
TASCA AND MOTORCRAFT/QUICK LANE SHELBY MUSTANG TEAM
SEE ST. LOUIS AS A GATEWAY TO VICTORY
Bob Tasca III used his off race week to reflect on past success of Gainesville, focus on the future, and get ready for the remainder of the season. A trip home to Motorcraft and Quick Lane headquarters refreshed the second year driver.
Dearborn Homecoming. Tasca fulfilled his goal set in November 2007, win a Wally and bring it home to Dearborn, MI. Tasca completed the first part of the promise in Gainesville and last week he delivered on the second part by visiting the sponsors’ headquarters. Tasca recognized the loyal sponsorship of Motorcraft and Quick Lane since the program launched nearly two years ago and presented Ford Customer Service Division with a Wally commemorating his first career win in Gainesville.
“I was privileged and honored to visit Dearborn and give back to all the people that believed and invested in our program,” said Tasca. “Our foundation is ‘Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday’ and we’ve accomplished the win on Sunday, so now we got to keep going. I’m certain that there’s more wins in our future but the first is one of the sweetest and to give them the trophy and have Ford put it up in their case is a very rewarding experience.”
Wilkerson’s Home. In order to bring another trophy back home to Dearborn, Tasca seeks to return to his Gainesville form this weekend at Gateway International Raceway, the home race track of technical alliance teammate Tim Wilkerson.
“Tim considers Gateway International Raceway his home track and is the defending race winner, so I know he’s got a lot of fans and friends coming out to that track,” said Tasca. “We’re still learning about our Shelby Mustangs, but we think St. Louis is as good a place as any to get a few rounds under our belt. We had one of our quickest runs ever in St. Louis last year. When the weather conditions are right, and they look like they’re going to be right, temperature-wise, it will be a fast race track.”
Bring Home Your Own Mustang. Enter to win your own 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories in the Ford Customer Service Division ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ Enter online until November 23, 2009, at www.motorcraft.com, www.quicklane.com, and www.bobtasca.com. The Race Hot Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Full Throttle Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Ron Capps, 464; 2. Jack Beckman, 395; 3. Ashley Force Hood, 394; 4. Tony Pedregon, 365; 5. Matt Hagan, 356; 6. Del Worsham, 327; 7. Bob Tasca III, 321; 8. John Force, 310; 9t. Robert Hight and Mike Neff, 305;
– Tasca qualified 9th during last spring’s event at Madison and lost to Del Worsham in first round eliminations.
– Tasca dropped one position in the points standings after Las Vegas. He sits in seventh heading into race seven of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL