DEARBORN, MI – September 23, 2009 – Just a round-and-a-half outside of the top spot in NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing’s Countdown to 1, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang Racing team will look to take on the Lone Star State in true Texas style this weekend.
Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team will add an honorary “crew member” this weekend. While the team’s usual Ford Flex tow vehicle takes a break, the 2011 Ford Super Duty – fresh off it’s public debut at the Texas State Fair – will bring the red and black racing machine to the line.
“The 2011 Ford Super Duty is making its debut at the State Fair of Texas and will then be brought to the race track for the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team to use this weekend,” said Tasca. “We feel fortunate to have worked with worked with Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in Charlotte and now we’re going to have some Super Duty action in Dallas.”
Two rounds shy of the win last year, Tasca is eager to get back to Texas where he can build on the momentum from Charlotte. Tasca and team are also looking forward to this four-race stretch.
“The first time I was in Dallas was last year and it is a great place to race,” said Tasca. “The fans are amazing and stadium is great. Dallas is right in the middle of four race weekends in a row and coming out of Dallas, you want to be in a position to win this championship. We’re still in a position to win this championship and we look forward to closing the gap on the leaders this weekend.”
Online Auction to Support JDRF
Fresh off running the unique paint scheme last week in Charlotte, Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing and Bob Tasca III are auctioning the “Stars and Stripes – ‘Take a Walk in Our Shoes’” fire suit and helmet from the Ford Customer Service Division’s Funny Car Design Contest to Benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). Designed by eight-year old, Liam Flanagan of Williamstown, NJ, the fire suit and helmet that Tasca wore at the NHRA Carolina Nationals will be awarded to the highest bidder with all proceeds going to JDRF. the fire suit, visit . To bid on the helmet visitBoth items can also be found on eBay by typing “Bob Tasca” into the search field.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience
The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns to NHRA Nitro Alley in Dallas. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge and Quick Lane Challenge. Fans visiting the display have the opportunity to enter the ‘Race Hot to a Mustang’ sweepstakes. The winner of the sweepstakes will receive a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Friday, September 25: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 26: 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 27: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Countdown to 1 Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Tony Pedregon, 2,148; 2. Ashley Force Hood, 2,147; 3. Robert Hight, 2,120; 4. Ron Capps, 2,115; 5. Bob Tasca III, 2,112; 6. Jack Beckman, 2,103; 7. Tim Wilkerson, 2,076; 8. John Force, 2,070; 9. Del Worsham, 2,053; 10. Mike Neff, 2,045.
Dallas Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 14th during last year’s event at Dallas and lost in the second round to Tim Wilkerson.
– Tasca is currently fifth in points heading into the 20th race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. Tasca is 36 points out of first place.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– Second win, August 23, 2009, Toyo Tires Nationals, Reading, PA
– First back-to-back semi-final appearances this season (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
– Tasca has an average qualifying position of seventh during the 2009 season
– Tasca has at least one round win in 14 of the 18 races this season
– Tasca clinched a spot in NHRA’s Countdown to 1 after a first round win in Reading.
– Tasca will compete for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Series championship after clinching the sixth spot in the NHRA Countdown to 1.
– Tasca is one of six Ford Mustangs that will compete for the championship in 2009.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Dallas area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Sunday, Sept. 27: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 12:15 a.m. (ET)
Sunday, Sept. 27: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will telecast NHRA Race Day at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Sept. 27: ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, Sept. 25, 8 – 8:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 6 K
Saturday, Sept. 26, 7:30 – 8 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 6 K (Analog feed)
Sunday, Sept. 27, 7 – 7:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 6 K
(11820 MHz, horizontal)
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of 530 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #