DEARBORN, MI – November 9, 2010 – In three years of NHRA Funny Car racing, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team have earned three wins – Gainesville (FL), Reading (PA) and Englishtown (NJ), three races near the east coast. Heading into the final race of the 2010 season, Tasca would love to add a west coast win to his resume.
This weekend marks the season finale of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series; a season that’s been nearly as fast as the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang on a typical 1,000-foot run. Blink, and it is over.
“The season is coming to an end and we’re really starting to catch our stride on dialing in the set-up on this Ford BOSS 500 platform,” said Tasca. “We would love to end the season on a high note and take home the trophy. When you have a Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang running as good as ours, you don’t want the season to end.”
After the Las Vegas race, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team used one of their NHRA allocated test sessions. In addition to getting ready for Pomona, the team wanted to get a jump start on 2011.
“We had the best test session in three years on the Monday after the Las Vegas race,” said Tasca. “We made great runs, logged great data, and a lot of the things we wanted to try, worked well for us. We’re looking to roll into Pomona with a race car that has been real consistent and with the added data from the Las Vegas test, we’re confident in how we will race in Pomona.”
Tasca looks to end the 2010 season with a win and would like to add Pomona to his win list this weekend, after qualifying fourth and reaching the semifinals there to kick off the season.
“Pomona is a major race,” said Tasca. “To start and end the season at Pomona, it’s as historic as it gets. Pomona is one of those races you want to have on your shelf and say that you won. We have as good a chance as any other team this weekend to do that.”
A Pomona win is important to Tasca, but so is a win on the west coast. In 2010, during the California races, Tasca reached the semifinals in both Sonoma and Pomona.
“I don’t have a west coast win yet, but we’re working on it. We had a great west coast races this year between semifinals in Pomona and Sonoma. We lost by an eyelash to Beckman in Sonoma, so I think it’s only a matter of time before we get a win on the west coast. I love racing on the west coast, and I know the guys love racing out there. I think our luck is about to change.”
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Points
1. Matt Hagan, 2537; 2. John Force, 2500; 3. Jack Beckman, 2401; 4. Ashley Force Hood, 2388; 5. Bob Tasca III, 2324; 6. Del Worsham, 2253; 7. Ron Capps, 2252; 8. Robert Hight, 2239; 9. Tim Wilkerson, 2232; 10. Tony Pedregon, 2199
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience
The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns to Nitro Alley in Pomona. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge. A myriad of activities are planned for fans during the weekend, including Q & A and autograph appearances at the display by Ford Funny Car and Pro Stock drivers on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Thursday, November 11: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Friday, November 12: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 13: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 14: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Shop Shape-Up Sweepstakes
Register for a chance to win Ford-authorized tools and equipment from Rotunda. Two grand prizes will be awarded in the “Shop Shape-Up” Sweepstakes, with prizes valued at $25,000 and $5,000. Enter daily at www.FordParts.com to increase the chances to win.
Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes
Enter to win an all-new 2011 Ford Mustang GT equipped with Ford Racing Performance Parts and Ford Custom Accessories as part of Ford Customer Service Division’s “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes. Bold and powerful, the all-new 5.0-liter V-8 Mustang uses advanced technology to deliver 412 horsepower, 390 ft-lb. of torque and class-leading highway mileage of 26 mpg. Enter online until November 23, 2010, at www.racefanoffers.com, www.quicklane.com and www.fordparts.com. The “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Register for both Shop Shape-Up and Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes at FordParts.com
Enter to win both the “Shop Shape-Up” and the “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes with a single registration at FordParts.com. To be eligible to win both sweepstakes, entrants must register on www.FordParts.com between August 7, and November 23, 2010.
Pomona Race Notes
– During the season opening Pomona race, Tasca qualified fourth and lost to Ron Capps in the semifinals.
– Last fall in Pomona, Tasca qualified 12th and lost to Ron Capps in the first round.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – 2010
– Defeated Del Worsham to win 41st Annual NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ
– 18 top-eight qualifiers (Pomona – 4th, Gainesville – 7th, Las Vegas – 8th, St. Louis – 7th, Atlanta – 4th, Joliet – 4th, Englishtown – 7th, Bristol – 7th, Norwalk – 7th, Seattle – 6th, Sonoma – 5th, Denver – 7th, Brainerd – 4th, Indianapolis – 8th , Charlotte – 3rd, Dallas – 4th, Reading – 7th and Las Vegas – 6th)
– Seven semi-final appearances (Pomona, St. Louis, Atlanta, Bristol, Sonoma, Charlotte and Las Vegas)
– One runner-up finish (Gainesville)
– 2010 round record: 27 wins and 21 losses
– Tasca is fifth in series points, 213 points behind the leader
– Tasca and the FordParts.com team won the Full Throttle Hard-Working Crew Award in Englishtown
– Tasca secured his spot in the 2010 NHRA Countdown to 1 after qualifying for the Denver race
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – Career
– First round win: Defeated Melanie Troxel, Feb. 10, 2008 (NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA)
– First semi-final appearance: April 27, 2008 (NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA)
– First No. 1 qualifier: March 14, 2009 (Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL)
– Three career wins: Two in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA. One in 2010 – NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ.
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
– Career round record: 61 wins and 65 losses
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall of Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Pomona area.
Saturday, Nov. 13, ESPN2 and ESPN2HD will televise qualifying highlights at 10:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 14, ESPN2 and ESPN2HD will televise NHRA Race Day, at 10 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 14, ESPN3.com will televise of coverage of eliminations starting at 2 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 14, ESPN and ESPN HD will televise two hours and 30 minutes of coverage starting at 9 p.m. (ET).
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of replacement parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available nationwide at Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers, independent distributors, and automotive parts retailers and are backed by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
FordParts.com allows customers to shop online for over 283,000 Genuine Ford and Motorcraft parts. With FordParts.com, repair shops, body shops, fleets and do-it-yourselfers can shop for, order and ultimately receive parts 24/7 via the click of a mouse. It lets each customer remain connected to their Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase. All customers visiting FordParts.com will benefit from its comprehensive, yet user-friendly nature, perhaps best expressed in the way Ford and Motorcraft parts are shopped for and selected. To do so, customers can enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and shop with unmatched accuracy for parts uniquely associated with the vehicle or start by entering the year, make and model of the vehicle. Adding to the site’s functionality is the ability to view 22,865 technical illustrations on many of the parts and assemblies. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 159,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln and Mercury, production of which has been announced by the company to be ending in the fourth quarter of 2010. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #