DEARBORN, MI – October 7, 2009 – One year ago, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team were doing their least favorite thing on Richmond race day – not racing. The team looks to redeem itself this weekend not only to qualify for the race, but also to bring home a win.
“We’re focused on winning Richmond,” said Tasca. “This isn’t just about qualifying; this is about winning the race. In order for us to compete for this championship, we need to come out of Richmond with some round wins under our belt and set us up for Las Vegas and Pomona. Our goal and focus is to win, there is a little more pressure on us at Richmond to do just that.”
Tasca has also experienced success in Richmond. While working his way through the divisional ranks, Tasca was a two-time winner at the Virginia track.
“Richmond is an amazing place,” said Tasca. ”Richmond is the track last year where I ran my quickest ET to 1000 feet and did not qualify. We missed the field by a few thousandths of a second. I’m going back to Richmond with an attitude to improve to kind of redeem myself from last year’s DNQ.”
Tasca hopes to bring back the success he experienced at Richmond when he was running divisional races in an Alcohol Funny Car.
“In 2006 and 2007, I won at Richmond in my Alcohol Funny Car,” said Tasca. “I’ve experienced both the highs and lows of the track, and this weekend, I expect to return to the success I had in my alcohol car.”
Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team are focused on the task at hand and the bigger picture. With three races remaining in the Countdown to 1, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team are still in contention for the championship title.
“We are 102 points out of first place, which is basically a race,” said Tasca. “We’d like to be closer to the top than we are, but truthfully, we’re not in a bad position. Richmond will be a pivotal race to keep our championship hopes alive.”
Richmond Race Notes
– Tasca did not qualify for last year’s event at Richmond.
– Tasca is sixth in points heading into the 22nd race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. Tasca is 102 points behind leader Ashley Force Hood.
Countdown to 1 Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Ashley Force Hood, 2,308; 2. Robert Hight, 2,305; 3. Tony Pedregon, 2282, 4. Jack Beckman, 2,235; 5. Ron Capps, 2,220; 6. Bob Tasca III, 2,206; 7. John Force, 2,184; 8. Tim Wilkerson 2,181; 9. Mike Neff, 2,130; 10. Del Worsham, 2,116
Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes
Enter to win a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories in the Ford Customer Service Division ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ Enter online until November 23, 2009, at www.motorcraft.com, www.quicklane.com, www.racefanoffers.com and www.bobtasca.com. The Race Hot Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– Second win, August 23, 2009, Toyo Tires Nationals, Reading, PA
– First back-to-back semi-final appearances this season (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
– Tasca has an average qualifying position of seventh during the 2009 season
– Tasca has at least one round win in 16 of the 21 races this season
– Tasca clinched a spot in NHRA’s Countdown to 1 after a first round win in Reading.
– Tasca will compete for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Series championship after clinching the sixth spot in the NHRA Countdown to 1.
– Tasca is one of six Ford Mustangs that will compete for the championship in 2009.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– There are 530 Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers in the United States. Visit www.quicklane.com to find one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Richmond area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Saturday, Oct. 10, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 10:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, Oct. 11, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise NHRA Race Day, a 30-minute news magazine show, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Oct. 11, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of 530 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #