Bob Tasca III
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Ford Shelby Mustang
Nitro Funny Car class
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series
22nd Annual O’Reilly Mid-South Nationals
Memphis Motorsports Park, Memphis, TN
October 2-4, 2009
Race 21 of 24
3rd Race in Countdown to 1
TASCA AND MOTORCRAFT/QUICK LANE RACING TEAM LOOKING TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS IN MEMPHIS
DEARBORN, MI – September 30, 2009 – The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team, led by driver Bob Tasca III, consider Memphis the turning point in their quest of their first NHRA Countdown to 1 championship title.
Entering the third race of a four-week road trip, the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing ramps up its efforts knowing that every point matters with four races left on the schedule. Tasca is fifth in series standings and 71 points behind leader Robert Hight, approximately two-and-a-half rounds out of the top spot.
“Memphis has positioned itself as a make it or break it race,” said Tasca. “You’ve got six races to win the championship and we’ll be half way through it at Memphis. You need to be in the top three or four coming out of Memphis. It’s a race that I’m looking forward to get to this weekend.”
The team is looking to break out of their second round loss blues in Memphis. Tasca and crew chiefs Chris Cunningham and Marc Denner learn more every week and hope that knowledge will pay results. Known for their preference of hot tracks, the trio knows that Memphis can be challenging, especially entering the fall season.
“The best crew chiefs and the best teams are the ones that can adapt,” said Tasca. “They can learn at the race track what needs to be done to put the team in a position to win. All season Chris, Marc and the guys have given me a Mustang that can win. We’ve won. We’ll win again and for our team and our championship hopes, we need a win or some final rounds in the next four races.”
Memphis Race Notes
– Tasca qualified 16th during last year’s event at Memphis and lost in the first round to Ashley Force Hood.
– Tasca is fifth in points heading into the 21st race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series. Tasca is 71 points behind leader Robert Hight.
Countdown to 1 Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Robert Hight, 2241; 2. Ashley Force Hood, 2228; 3. Jack Beckman, 2196; 4. Tony Pedregon, 2,182; 5. Bob Tasca III, 2,170; 6. Ron Capps, 2147; 7. John Force, 2131; 8. Tim Wilkerson, 2,129; 9. Mike Neff, 2,099; 10. Del Worsham, 2,085.
Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes
Enter to win a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories in the Ford Customer Service Division ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ Enter online until November 23, 2009, at www.motorcraft.com, www.quicklane.com, www.racefanoffers.com and www.bobtasca.com. The Race Hot Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– Second win, August 23, 2009, Toyo Tires Nationals, Reading, PA
– First back-to-back semi-final appearances this season (Englishtown, NJ and Norwalk, OH)
– Tasca has an average qualifying position of seventh during the 2009 season
– Tasca has at least one round win in 16 of the 20 races this season
– Tasca clinched a spot in NHRA’s Countdown to 1 after a first round win in Reading.
– Tasca will compete for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Series championship after clinching the sixth spot in the NHRA Countdown to 1.
– Tasca is one of six Ford Mustangs that will compete for the championship in 2009.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– There are 530 Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers in the United States. Visit www.quicklane.com to find one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Memphis area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing/
Saturday, Oct. 3, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 10:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, Oct. 4, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise NHRA Race Day, a 30-minute news magazine show, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Oct. 4, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, Oct. 2, 8 – 8:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 16 / Transponder 14 K (11980 MHz, horizontal)
Saturday, Oct. 3, 7:30 – 8 p.m. (ET), AMC 16 / Transponder 14 K (11980 MHz, horizontal)
Sunday, Oct. 4, 7 – 7:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 16 / Transponder 14 K (11980 MHz, horizontal)
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of 530 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 201,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #