Bob Tasca III
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center Ford Shelby Mustang
Nitro Funny Car class
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series
50th Annual Kragen O’Reilly NHRA Winternationals
Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Pomona, CA
February 11-14, 2010
Race 1 of 23
TASCA AND MOTORCRAFT/QUICK LANE RACING TEAM EAGER TO RETURN TO POMONA FOR 50TH RUNNING OF THE WINTERNATIONALS
February in Pomona marks the start of a new season – new goals and aspirations for the coming months. For Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team, Pomona marks the start of a new season, but the continuation of a solid 2009 season.
“I’m looking forward to getting this season started,” said Tasca. “Every element of our program, from our Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team, to our Shelby Mustang Funny Car, my confidence level and determination level as a driver – I’m in the best position that I’ve been in at the start of the season.”
This weekend marks the 50th running of the NHRA Winternationals and Tasca’s third appearance at the February event. Tasca is eager to capture his first win of the season at the famous track in southern California especially on this momentous weekend.
“They say a win is a win, but that’s never really the case,” said Tasca. “There’s something special about the first race of the year, being in Pomona, having the snow-capped mountains in the background, and it’s one of those races where you really want to do well in and leave with the trophy. Since this weekend is the 50th Winternationals at Pomona, I would love to win.”
The same Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team that earned two race wins, one runner-up finish, 26 round wins and a place in the 2009 Countdown to 1, will return for the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing season.
“One of the things I’m looking forward to the most heading into my third season is that the entire team is back together again,” said Tasca. “There’s nothing that gives a driver more confidence than believing in the people that you have around you. Having my entire team together gives me a lot of confidence going into this season.”
Tasca and the crew are eager to get back to the track intact, with one minor change. The red and black Mustang car number has changed from 1777 to the number eight – Tasca’s finishing position from the 2009 season.
“That 1777 number meant a lot to me, but it’s time to make a change,” said Tasca. “We’re changing the number on our Mustang to the number eight on the car, which is something I’m very proud of in my second season for the program. I’m proud that we were able to finish number eighth in the points. We’ll wear it proudly, but we want to subtract seven digits from that this year so it gives us something to shoot for this season.”
For the 2010 season, the Motorcraft and Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers logos will appear on both the Shelby Mustang Nitro Funny Car of Bob Tasca III in NHRA and the No. 21 Ford Fusion of Bill Elliott in NASCAR.
FordParts.com will also have a presence on both race cars for the 2010 season. Fordparts.com allows customers to shop for, order, and receive original equipment parts through its new website. It allows customers to remain connected to a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership of their choice for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase at a parts counter.
“I’ve said it before – I’m an all-Ford kid, and this is an all-Ford hot rod and there is nothing more Ford than fordparts.com,” said Tasca. “Fordparts.com gives all Ford customers out there a great place to go to for all of their Ford parts needs. It is a great site and I’m excited to have FordParts.com on my Mustang because it is just another example of how Ford is connected to the consumers’ needs and wants.”
Pomona Race Notes
– Tasca qualified fifth during last year’s event at Pomona and lost in the second round to Ron Capps.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
– First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
– First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
– First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
– Earned two wins in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Pomona area.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing/
Saturday, Feb. 13, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying coverage at 11 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 15, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 10 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Nov. 15, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 8 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, Feb. 12, 8:30 – 9 p.m. (ET), AMC 9 / Transponder 18K
Saturday, Feb. 13, 10 – 10:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 9 / Transponder 18K
Sunday, Feb. 14, 10 – 10:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 9 / Transponder 18K
Download frequency AMC 9 / Transponder 18K (12060 MHz, horizontal) (Analog feed)
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
Fordparts.com allows customers to shop for, order and receive original equipment parts. Fordparts.com enables customers to remain connected to a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership of their choice for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase at a parts counter. The user functionality and convenience of the website is for individual “do-it-yourselfers” who service and repair their vehicles themselves, to fleet managers purchasing parts for a company’s fleet of vehicles, to a repair shop or “installer” purchasing parts on behalf of a customer visiting their facility for automotive service. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 200,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #