DEARBORN, MI – May 11, 2010 – Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team head into Atlanta this weekend for the 30th Annual Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Southern Nationals with some momentum and added confidence on their side.
Coming off a semi-finals appearance in St. Louis, Tasca is more confident than ever that he can take his Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Shelby Mustang Funny Car into the Winner’s Circle at Atlanta Dragway.
“We have great momentum coming off St. Louis,” said Tasca. “Chris Cunningham, Marc Denner and the guys are doing a tremendous job getting their arms around this BOSS 500 engine platform. We are confident more than ever now that we can roll into this race and win, and that’s exactly what we’re focused on doing.”
This year the NHRA Southern Nationals have been moved a month later in the season which will change the track conditions for this weekend’s race. Although the track might be hotter than normal, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team are ready to take on the challenge.
“What’s going to make this race different is the weather,” said Tasca. “If it’s hotter, it will make the conditions more challenging to go up and down the race track. We faced challenging conditions in Las Vegas and St. Louis but we also made great strides at those last two races. I feel very confident that no matter what the temperature is we’re going to be one of the cars to beat in Atlanta.”
During the off week, Tasca spent time in Detroit for the 2010 Ford Dealer Intro Show at Belle Isle where he spoke with other Ford Dealers on the success of Ford Motor Company, and viewed some of the new products Ford is launching.
“I had a great week in Detroit. All of the dealers got together to come out here and kind of reflect on the successes of Ford, where Ford is today and where we’re heading as a dealer body and as a company. I’ve never seen such a sense of laser focus on keeping the promise that the Ford Oval stands for and that’s to build the world’s greatest cars and trucks and SUVs. What I’ve seen out here has just reaffirmed that the future of Ford is bright.”
Quick Lane Racing Experience
The Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns to Nitro Alley in Atlanta. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Quick Lane Challenge. A myriad of activities are planned for fans during the weekend, including Q & A and autograph appearances at the display by Ford Funny Car drivers on Friday and Saturday.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Friday, May 14: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 15: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday, May 16: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Points
1. John Force, 616; 2. Matt Hagan, 465; 3. Jack Beckman, 464; 4. Ron Capps, 459; 5. Ashley Force Hood, 455; 6. Robert Hight, 427; 7. Tony Pedregon, 405; 8. Tim Wilkerson, 387; 9. Del Worsham, 378; 10. Bob Tasca III, 377.
Atlanta Race Notes
– Tasca reached the semi-finals for the first time in his career in Atlanta on April 27, 2008.
– During last spring’s Atlanta race, Tasca lost to Tim Wilkerson in the first round.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – 2010
– Two top-eight qualifiers (fourth in Pomona and seventh in Gainesville)
– Two semi-final appearances (Pomona and Gainesville)
– One runner-up finish (Gainesville)
– 2010 Round record: 7 wins and 7 losses
– Tasca is 10th in series points, 239 points behind the leader
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – Career
– First round win: Defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008 (NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA)
– First semi-final appearance: April 27, 2008 (NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA)
– First No. 1 qualifier: March 14, 2009 (Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL)
– Career wins: Two in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
– Career round record: 41 wins and 51 losses
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Atlanta area.
Saturday, May 15, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 8 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, May 16, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 10 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, May 16, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise final eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, May 14, 8:30 – 9 p.m. (ET), AMC 9 / Transponder 18K (12060 MHz, vertical)
Saturday, May 15, 6:30 – 7 p.m. (ET), AMC 9 / Transponder 18K (12060 MHz, vertical)
Sunday, May 16, 7- 7:30 p.m. (ET), AMC 9 / Transponder 18K (12060 MHz, vertical)
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of replacement parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available nationwide at Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers, independent distributors, and automotive parts retailers and are backed by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
FordParts.com allows customers to shop online, order and receive original equipment parts, connecting to a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership of their choice for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase at a parts counter. FordParts.com is designed to support anyone who needs to find and buy original equipment Ford parts. Repair shops, body shops, fleets and do-it-yourselfers will all appreciate the speed and convenience of researching and purchasing Ford parts via this online portal, and the flexibility of choosing in-store pick-up or having the parts delivered. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 198,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #