DEARBORN, MI – April 14, 2010 – After a disappointing weekend in Houston, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team look to change their luck as they head to The Strip in Las Vegas for the SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals.
“Las Vegas is one of my favorite places to race,” says Tasca. “It is a Bruton Smith track and I can’t say enough for what Bruton has done for our sport. We’ve seen big numbers in Las Vegas and I expect to see that again this weekend. The conditions should be pretty optimal this time around, maybe a little bit warmer than what we usually see in the fall. It will be a fast race track and it will be a great race track for us to continue to evolve into this Ford BOSS 500 platform.”
As part of the ‘One Ford’ approach, Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team made a few changes to their Ford Shelby Mustang adding elements of the Ford BOSS 500 Platform in Houston. Even though he didn’t get the results he wanted, Tasca knows that success comes with time.
“This isn’t an instant change,” says Tasca. “You just can’t take a whole new tune-up, snap your fingers and the Mustang goes out and down the race track. If it were that easy, the guy who figures it out would never lose. Unfortunately it does take runs, it does take time.”
This weekend the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team slipped from sixth to ninth in the point standings. Only six races into the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car Series Season, Tasca knows there still is a lot of racing left and plenty of time to see the Ford BOSS 500 addition come into fruition.
“I’ve learned a lot from the few years that I’ve been racing,” says Tasca. “This is a long season and it’s about being in the top-10 by Indianapolis when the points reset for the Countdown to 1. There is a lot of racing ahead of us. I’m happy that we’re making this transition now versus at the end of the season.”
Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes
Enter to win an all-new 2011 Ford Mustang GT equipped with Ford Racing Performance Parts and Ford Custom Accessories as part of Ford Customer Service Division’s “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes. Bold and powerful, the all-new 5.0-liter V-8 Mustang uses advanced technology to deliver 412 horsepower, 390 ft-lb. of torque and class-leading highway mileage of 25 mpg. Enter online until November 23, 2010, at www.racefanoffers.com, www.quicklane.com, and www.fordparts.com. The “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Points
1. John Force, 441; 2. Matt Hagan, 371; 3. Ron Capps, 345; 4. Ashley Force Hood, 312; 5. Jack Beckman, 311; 6t. Tim Wilkerson, Tony Pedregon, 283; 8. Robert Hight, 281; 9. Bob Tasca III, 268; 10. Del Worsham, 240.
Las Vegas Race Notes
– During last spring’s Las Vegas race, Tasca lost to Cruz Pedregon in the first round.
– At the fall Las Vegas race, Tasca lost to Del Worsham in the first round.
– Tasca dropped two positions in the points standings after Houston, he sits in ninth heading into race six of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – 2010
– Two top-eight qualifiers (fourth in Pomona and seventh in Gainesville)
– Two semi-final appearances (Pomona and Gainesville)
– One runner-up finish (Gainesville)
– 2010 Round record: 5 wins and 5 losses
– Tasca is ninth in series points, 173 points behind the leader
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – Career
– First round win: Defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008 (NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA)
– First semi-final appearance: April 27, 2008 (NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA)
– First No. 1 qualifier: March 14, 2009 (Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL)
– Career wins: Two in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
– Career round record: 39 wins and 49 losses
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Las Vegas area.
Saturday, April 17, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 6 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, April 18, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 10 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, April 18, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise final eliminations at 7 p.m. (ET).
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of replacement parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available nationwide at Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers, independent distributors, and automotive parts retailers and are backed by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
FordParts.com allows customers to shop online, order and receive original equipment parts. FordParts.com enables customers to remain connected to a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership of their choice for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase at a parts counter. FordParts.com is designed to support anyone who needs to find and buy original equipment Ford parts. Repair shops, body shops, fleets and do-it-yourselfers will all appreciate the speed and convenience of researching and purchasing Ford parts via this online portal. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 198,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #