DEARBORN, MI – June 15, 2010 – On Monday, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team took their FordParts.com Shelby Mustang Funny Car to the Winner’s Circle for the first time this season. Fresh off that victory, the team heads to Bristol Dragway for the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, looking for a repeat performance this weekend.
“We’re going to go into Bristol with a race-winning set-up,” said Tasca. “Bristol is an exciting place to race and I can’t wait to get there. We will be able to carry our Englishtown momentum with us this weekend.”
Tasca is very confident in the performance of his Ford Shelby Mustang Funny Car, especially after winning this past weekend in Englishtown with the completed BOSS 500 engine.
“We had two test runs with the BOSS 500 the Monday after Chicago and we went into Englishtown knowing the stakes were high,” said Tasca. “Some say every weekend is the same, but the stakes were high for us in Englishtown and we delivered. Heading home from the Chicago test, we were confident in the changes we made to the engine. Then to win in Englishtown, that just cemented our feeling of how powerful that BOSS 500 engine package performs on race day.”
In the past two seasons, Tasca has yet to reach the second round at Bristol Dragway. That is something that he’s looking to change this weekend.
“We’re going to fix that [first round exit] this year,” said Tasca. “That’s definitely on our to-do list. When you look at the races that you would like to have in your portfolio of wins, Bristol is right up there. It’s a historic race. It’s a place where my grandfather raced. I like going into the timing tower because there is a picture of my grandfather leaving the starting line.”
Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes
Enter to win an all-new 2011 Ford Mustang GT equipped with Ford Racing Performance Parts and Ford Custom Accessories as part of Ford Customer Service Division’s “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes. Bold and powerful, the all-new 5.0-liter V-8 Mustang uses advanced technology to deliver 412 horsepower, 390 ft-lb. of torque and class-leading highway mileage of 25 mpg. Enter online until November 23, 2010, at www.racefanoffers.com, www.quicklane.com, and www.fordparts.com. The “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Points
1. Robert Hight, 844; 2. John Force, 819; 3. Matt Hagan, 748; 4. Jack Beckman, 724; 5. Ashley Force Hood, 705; 6. Bob Tasca III, 677; 7. Ron Capps, 663; 8. Del Worsham, 591; 9. Tim Wilkerson, 572; 10. Tony Pedregon, 554.
Bristol Race Notes
-During last year’s Bristol race, Tasca qualified eighth and lost to Jim Head in the first round.
-Tasca heads into Bristol coming off his first win of the 2010 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Season in Englishtown, NJ.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – 2010
– Defeated Del Worsham to win 41st Annual NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ.
– Seven top-eight qualifiers (Pomona – 4th, Gainesville – 7th, Las Vegas – 8th, St. Louis – 7th, Atlanta – 4th, Joliet – 4th, and Englishtown – 7th )
– Three semi-final appearances (Pomona, St. Louis and Atlanta)
– One runner-up finish (Gainesville)
– 2010 round record: 15 wins and 10 losses
– Tasca is six in series points, 167 points behind the leader
– Tasca and the FordParts.com team won the Full Throttle Hard-Working Crew Award in Englishtown
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – Career
– First round win: Defeated Melanie Troxel, Feb. 10, 2008 (NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA)
– First semi-final appearance: April 27, 2008 (NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA)
– First No. 1 qualifier: March 14, 2009 (Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL)
– Three career wins: Two in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA. One in 2010 – NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ.
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
– Career round record: 49 wins and 54 losses
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find the one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Bristol area.
Saturday, June 19, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 7 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 20, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 3:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 20, ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise final eliminations at 4 p.m. (ET).
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of replacement parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available nationwide at Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers, independent distributors, and automotive parts retailers and are backed by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. Formore information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
FordParts.com allows customers to shop online, order and receive original equipment parts, connecting to a Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership of their choice for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase at a parts counter. FordParts.com is designed to support anyone who needs to find and buy original equipment Ford parts. Repair shops, body shops, fleets and do-it-yourselfers will all appreciate the speed and convenience of researching and purchasing Ford parts via this online portal, and the flexibility of choosing in-store pick-up or having the parts delivered. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 176,000 employees and about 80 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and, until its sale, Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #