DEARBORN, MI – October 27, 2010 – As the 2010 season draws to a close, Bob Tasca III and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team have a few tricks up their sleeves for this weekend’s event in Las Vegas.
With two races remaining, Tasca looks forward to racing his Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang and watching the Funny Car Championship battle heat up. Currently fifth in series points, Tasca will remain focused on his racing path, while keeping tabs on the top two drivers in the Funny Car class.
“This is a very exciting part of the season,” said Tasca. “Two races to go and there’s so much still undecided with the championship up in the air. I’m confident we have a legitimate shot at finishing this season in third or fourth in points, which would be a huge improvement over last year. It’s an important two races for our team, even though we’re not in the championship discussion, but we want to do well and end the season on a high note.”
The Funny Car driver/owner is confident about this weekend’s event. Always looking ahead, Tasca looks to accomplish several tasks this weekend that will benefit the team in the closing weeks of 2010 and the start of 2011.
“There’s so much on the line this weekend and for next year,” said Tasca. “We’re going to Las Vegas with our best foot forward. Truthfully, there should be record-setting conditions and we’re going to spend the Monday after Las Vegas testing, preparing for Pomona and for the 2011 season. We’re going to Las Vegas to learn a lot; but we’re also going there to win.”
The clock is ticking for Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane team, who want to mirror their win statistic from the 2009 season. Tasca earned two wins in 2009 (Gainesville and Reading). This year, Tasca has one win and thinks Las Vegas will be the opportune time to pick up his second win of the season.
“The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team needs a win to end this season,” said Tasca. “I feel very confident that we’re going into Las Vegas with a race car that go to the pole and win the event. We have a Shelby Mustang Funny Car that is capable of winning. We want to finish the season on a strong note and see how these championships unfold.”
Tasca and the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing team have set one goal for the closing races of the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing season – post the quickest and fastest times of the young team’s career. During the August Indianapolis test, Tasca posted a career best ET of 4.077 at 309 miles per hour.
“I’m going out on a limb; we are very determined, before the season ends, to run quicker and faster than we’ve ever been,” said Tasca. “I have confidence in crew chiefs Chris Cunningham and Marc Denner and what they have been working on this season. We’re looking to end the season with a win or two and, more importantly, putting down some of the quickest and fastest runs that we’ve ever made. We want to run a low 4.0 at well over 310 miles per hour to end this season between now and Pomona.”
Since race day is Halloween, race fans might see Tasca dressed up, but the Rhode Island native will be recognizable in his “costume.”
“I can’t remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween,” said Tasca. “I’m going to be the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Shelby Mustang Funny Car driver for part of the day. Once the racing is over, I’m going to change into a Ford car salesman and sell some Fords to the fans as they leave – hopefully with a Wally in my hand.”
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Points
1. Matt Hagan, 2442; 2. John Force, 2378; 3. Jack Beckman, 2349; 4. Ashley Force Hood, 2304; 5. Bob Tasca III, 2248; 6. Robert Hight, 2229; 7. Del Worsham, 2221; 8. Tim Wilkerson, 2199; 9. Ron Capps, 2192; 10. Tony Pedregon, 2167
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience
The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns to Nitro Alley in Las Vegas. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge. A myriad of activities are planned for fans during the weekend, including Q & A and autograph appearances at the display by Ford Funny Car and Pro Stock drivers on Friday and Saturday.
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience Hours of Operation
Friday, October 29: 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 30: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 31: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Shop Shape-Up Sweepstakes
Register for a chance to win Ford-authorized tools and equipment from Rotunda. Two grand prizes will be awarded in the “Shop Shape-Up” Sweepstakes, with prizes valued at $25,000 and $5,000. Enter daily at www.FordParts.com to increase the chances to win.
Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes
Enter to win an all-new 2011 Ford Mustang GT equipped with Ford Racing Performance Parts and Ford Custom Accessories as part of Ford Customer Service Division’s “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes. Bold and powerful, the all-new 5.0-liter V-8 Mustang uses advanced technology to deliver 412 horsepower, 390 ft-lb. of torque and class-leading highway mileage of 26 mpg. Enter online until November 23, 2010, at www.racefanoffers.com, www.quicklane.com and www.fordparts.com. The “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Register for both Shop Shape-Up and Mustang 5.0 Fever Sweepstakes at FordParts.com
Enter to win both the “Shop Shape-Up” and the “Mustang 5.0 Fever” Sweepstakes with a single registration at FordParts.com. To be eligible to win both sweepstakes, entrants must register on www.FordParts.com between August 7, and November 23, 2010.
Las Vegas Race Notes
– Last year, Tasca qualified fifth and lost to Del Worsham in the first round.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – 2010
– Defeated Del Worsham to win 41st Annual NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ
– 17 top-eight qualifiers (Pomona – 4th, Gainesville – 7th, Las Vegas – 8th, St. Louis – 7th, Atlanta – 4th, Joliet – 4th, Englishtown – 7th, Bristol – 7th, Norwalk – 7th, Seattle – 6th, Sonoma – 5th, Denver – 7th, Brainerd – 4th, Indianapolis – 8th , Charlotte – 3rd, Dallas – 4th and Reading – 7th)
– Six semi-final appearances (Pomona, St. Louis, Atlanta, Bristol, Sonoma and Charlotte)
– One runner-up finish (Gainesville)
– 2010 round record: 25 wins and 20 losses
– Tasca is fifth in series points, 194 points behind the leader
– Tasca and the FordParts.com team won the Full Throttle Hard-Working Crew Award in Englishtown
– Tasca secured his spot in the 2010 NHRA Countdown to 1 after qualifying for the Denver race
Tasca Funny Car Achievements – Career
– First round win: Defeated Melanie Troxel, Feb. 10, 2008 (NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA)
– First semi-final appearance: April 27, 2008 (NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA)
– First No. 1 qualifier: March 14, 2009 (Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL)
– Three career wins: Two in 2009 – Gatornationals in Gainesville, FL and Toyo Tires Nationals in Reading, PA. One in 2010 – NHRA SuperNationals in Englishtown, NJ.
– Finished eighth in series points in 2009
– Career round record: 59 wins and 64 losses
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing on the Web
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MQLRacing
Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
– 2010 marks the third year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
– Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall of Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
– Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing.
– Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
– Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
– Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
– Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities in 2010. Visit www.quicklane.com to find one of the Quick Lanes in the greater Las Vegas area.
Sunday, Oct. 31, ESPN2 and ESPN2HD will televise qualifying highlights at 1 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Oct. 31, ESPN2 and ESPN2HD will televise NHRA Race Day, at 10 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Oct. 31, ESPN3.com will televise of coverage of eliminations starting at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, Oct. 31, ESPN and ESPN HD will televise two hours and 30 minutes of coverage starting at 9 p.m. (ET).
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of replacement parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available nationwide at Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers, independent distributors, and automotive parts retailers and are backed by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s nationwide network will surpass 600 facilities, each providing the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
FordParts.com allows customers to shop online for over 283,000 Genuine Ford and Motorcraft parts. With FordParts.com, repair shops, body shops, fleets and do-it-yourselfers can shop for, order and ultimately receive parts 24/7 via the click of a mouse. It lets each customer remain connected to their Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership for the parts expertise, personal delivery assistance, and post-sale follow-up associated with a traditional purchase. All customers visiting FordParts.com will benefit from its comprehensive, yet user-friendly nature, perhaps best expressed in the way Ford and Motorcraft parts are shopped for and selected. To do so, customers can enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and shop with unmatched accuracy for parts uniquely associated with the vehicle or start by entering the year, make and model of the vehicle. Adding to the site’s functionality is the ability to view 22,865 technical illustrations on many of the parts and assemblies. For more information, visit www.fordparts.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 159,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s brands include Ford, Lincoln and Mercury, production of which has been announced by the company to be ending in the fourth quarter of 2010. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
# # # #