Just a few short months ago Bob Tasca III started his second full season of Funny Car competition in the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing series. Tasca’s initial goal was to win rounds and he has accomplished eight round wins this season, but he has also balanced that number with eight round losses.
Entering the 10th race of the season, Tasca looks to increase that number in that “W” column. Tasca used Topeka as the race where he would judge the first portion of the season.
“I said going into Topeka that the top five will start to pull away and it happened on Sunday. This part of the season is the high-pressure time, but I’m glad to be in the thick of it,” said Tasca. “We’ve got big aspirations for Chicago. It’s a big stage, and we performed well at the big stage in Gainesville, I just hope we can do it again in Chicago.”
For the second consecutive year, Ford Customer Service Division is supporting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), where JDRF children will get the chance to design the paint scheme of the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Shelby Mustang Nitro Funny Car driven by Bob Tasca III. The design portion of the program launched on Monday, June 1, and the at-track participation program starts this weekend in Chicago.
“One of the greatest parts of what I do is interacting with the kids and I can’t wait for Sunday because I know the kids are going to be there,” said Tasca. “This is the second year of JDRF Funny Car Design Contest and I’m looking forward to voting on some pretty cool designs, and I’m sure there will be quite a few of them.”
The Motorcraft/Quick Lane Racing Experience interactive consumer display returns this weekend to NHRA Nitro Alley. Fans can enter to win prizes and participate in the Motorcraft Holeshot Challenge and Quick Lane Challenge. Fans who visit the display have the opportunity to enter the FCSD ‘Race Hot to a Mustang Sweepstakes.’ The winner of the sweepstakes will receive a 2010 Ford Mustang GT equipped with a Ford Racing Performance Parts package and upgrades courtesy of Ford Custom Accessories.
Fans unable to watch the races first-hand in Chicago can enter online until November 23, 2009, at www.motorcraft.com, www.quicklane.com, www.bobtasca.com, and www.racefanoffers.com. The Race Hot Sweepstakes is open to all licensed U.S. citizens over the age of 18.
Full Throttle Points Standings – Funny Car
1. Ron Capps, 729; 2. Del Worsham, 610; 3. Ashley Force Hood, 603; 4.Tony Pedregon, 584; 5. Jack Beckman, 553; 6. Tim Wilkerson, 498; 7. Matt Hagan, 480; 8. Bob Tasca III, 460; 9. John Force, 453; 10. Cruz Pedregon, 420.
Chicago Race Notes
· Tasca qualified 12th during last year’s event at Chicago and lost in the first round to Cruz Pedregon.
· Tasca is currently eighth in points heading into the 10th race of the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.
Tasca Funny Car Achievements
· First round win, defeated Melanie Troxel, February 10, 2008, NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, CA
· First time in the semi-finals, April 27, 2008, NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA
· First No. 1 qualifier, March 14, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
· First win, March 15, 2009, Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Notes
· 2009 marks the second year Ford Customer Service Division brands Motorcraft and Quick Lane sponsor Bob Tasca III and Tasca Racing.
· Motorcraft® continues its relationship with NHRA, having sponsored Hall-of-Fame NHRA driver Bob Glidden and drag racing legend Kenny Bernstein, among others, in the late 80s and early 90s.
· Motorcraft® products strike the perfect balance of precision, quality and pricing. Manufactured to strict specifications, they install quickly and give the confidence of doing a job right the first time. Motorcraft is the preferred choice of Ford Motor Company.
· Quick Lane Tire® & Auto Centers provide the services your car or truck needs most, performed by factory-trained experts and on your schedule. You’ll never need an appointment and you’ll get service while you wait, even on evenings and weekends. They’ll take care of any make, or model using quality Motorcraft® parts. Give them a try and see why life is better in the Quick Lane®.
· Quick Lane® offers routine maintenance and light repair services, such as oil and filter changes, brake repairs and tire replacement for all makes and models.
· Quick Lane celebrated the opening of its 500th tire and auto center in 2008. Visit www.quicklane.com to find Quick Lanes in the greater Chicago area.
On the Web
· Follow Motorcraft and Quick Lane on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/MQL_Racing
· Become a Facebook Fan of Motorcraft and Quick Lane Racing at http://tinyurl.com/MotorcraftQuickLaneRacing
· To view the latest photos, visit the Motorcraft/Quick Lane on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/motorcraftquicklaneracing/
Saturday, June 6 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise two hours of qualifying highlights at 10:30 p.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 7 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will air NHRA Race Day, at 11 a.m. (ET).
Sunday, June 7 – ESPN2 and ESPN2 HD will televise three hours of final eliminations at 4 p.m. (ET).
Satellite (Analog feed)
Friday, June 5: 10:30 – 11 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sat., June 6: 7:30 – 8 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 3K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Sun., June 7, 730 – 8 p.m. (ET), AMC 15 / Transponder 11K (11760 MHz, vertical)
Video news release contains race action highlights each day and winners’ interviews on Sunday.
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of original equipment-approved parts that are recommended and approved by Ford Motor Company. From routine maintenance to underhood and powertrain repairs, Motorcraft parts offer exceptional value with the highest quality and right fit at competitive prices. Motorcraft parts are available locally and are backed nationwide by Ford Motor Company’s Service Parts Limited Warranty. For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.
About Quick Lane
Quick Lane® provides automotive quick services for all makes and models. Quick Lane’s® nationwide network of over 500 facilities provides the convenience of an aftermarket company (no appointment necessary, service while you wait, evening and weekend hours, competitive prices) with the confidence of a major automotive manufacturer (quality parts, factory-trained technicians). Quick Lane® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. For more information, visit www.quicklane.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With more than 213,000 employees and about 90 plants worldwide, the company’s wholly owned brands include Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com
# # # #
Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center
313.203.7162 | 313.434.6912